Picture it: you’re chilling at home and your friend stops by and you wish you had something fancy to dish up but all you have are a couple Luvo Chicken in BBQ Sauce entrées in the freezer and a head of romaine… what would you do? Make some wholesome and tasty lettuce wraps, that’s what! If you don’t have romaine, you can use a different kind of sturdy leaf, such as endive. Here’s how to do it:
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 Luvo Chicken in BBQ Sauce entrées
- ¼ cup mayo (we like olive oil mayo)
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (from a can)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the grill (or use your oven’s broiler). Cut the romaine hearts in half and remove the centre leaves (you can snack on them later). Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill for about 1 or 2 minutes on each side (or broil them for the same amount of time). Set aside.
- Cook Luvo meals according to package instructions.
- Combine mayo and chipotle pepper until smooth.
- Grab your grilled romaine heart and fill them with some of the grits and collard greens from the Luvo entrée, and top with the BBQ chicken.
- Drizzle stuffed hearts with chipotle mayo and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot!
Give it a try and let us know what you think! Share your substitutions with us in the comments section, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, Plated, to unlock a coupon to use on your next Luvo purchase.