Like the almighty coconut oil, squash is one of those gifts from Mother Nature that keeps on giving. Need a table decoration? Grab a decorative gourd! Hungry? That gourd becomes delicious, and there are many ways to cook it. Roast it, stew it, stuff it, chew it! Ok I’m getting out of hand… but I just love squash so much! Case in point: those cute little acorn squash make perfect vessels for a Luvo hack. Here’s what The Artful Desperado recently created if you need some inspiration:
- 1 small acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Red Wine Braised Beef Luvo Entrée
- 1 Tablespoon grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, then rub with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Heat up the Red Wine Braised Beef Luvo Entrée according to package directions.
- Scoop the entrée into the squash, leaving the polenta at the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake again for 10 minutes. Enjoy!