Think smoothies are just for summertime? Think again! These smoothie recipes feature immune-boosting citrus fruits, just in time for cold and flu season. Savor the flavors of tangy citrus while getting a glass (or bowl) full of vitamin C and antioxidants. Here are 11 of my favorite citrus smoothies right now:
Spiced Orange and Coconut Smoothie (1 serving)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup coconut chips (or even better, fresh coconut flesh if you have any)
- 2 cardamom pods (smash the pods, use only the seeds)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Splash of milk (can be dairy free or any milk of your liking)
- 1 or 3 tbsp maple syrup for sweetness (optional, we didn’t add any to ours)
- 1 handful of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop and stir the contents in between just to make sure the ice is well incorporated.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of coconut flakes
Here are a few you
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie from Jenna Gorham RD. This smoothie is packed with vitamin C. Oranges provide the citrus flavor while sweet potato ups the vitamin C content and adds a serving of veggies.
- Grapefruit Green Smoothie from Dietitian Debbie Dishes. Featuring grapefruit, this fiber is packed with fiber and Vitamins A and C which support healthy, glowing skin and hair.
- Orange Mango Ginger Smoothie from Jenna Braddock RDN. This smoothie contains both fruits and vegetables along with inflammation fighting ginger and turmeric.
- Orange Matcha Smoothie from Kiss in the Kitchen. Combine matcha green tea and mandarin orange for a flavorful smoothie that is packed with nutrients.
- Gorgeous Green Smoothie Bowl from Liz’s Healthy Table. This pretty green smoothie bowl uses 100% orange juice to give it a naturally sweet base without adding any sugar.
- Orange Ginger Green Tea Smoothie from Nourishing Plate. Soothing ginger and green tea get a boost from orange juice in this healthy smoothie.
- Cranberry Orange Fruit Smoothie from Healthy Ideas Place. Cranberries are paired with a sweet, juicy orange and Greek yogurt to make a refreshing smoothie with just four ingredients.
- Citrus Protein Smoothie from Kroll’s Corner. Featuring both grapefruit and orange, this smoothie is packed with citrus goodness and plenty of protein to keep you full and satiated.
- Orange Creamy Coconut Smoothie Bowl from Amy Gorin Nutrition. This vegan smoothie features mandarin oranges in one creamy, coconut-y bowl.
- Tangerine Lime Green Smoothie from The Nutrition Adventure. Tangerines and limes give this smoothie a double dose of citrus and vitamin C.
What is your favorite citrus fruit? Share your favs in the comments section below and sign-up for Luvo’s newsletter for more nutritious recipes and exclusive giveaways.