Experts say that if you want to get a wide variety of nutrients in your diet, you should make sure the food on your plate is colorful. That’s because different nutrients impart different colors in your food. For example, purple cabbage gets its vibrant hue from antioxidants that help keep your heart healthy and your brain sharp – both essential for maintaining optimal athletic performance.
That’s why I love this Luvo hack! Take the already wholesome Chicken Chile Verde entrée and amp up the nutrients by adding a fresh and flavorful purple cabbage slaw. This recipe also comes in handy when you’re craving those classic street tacos but there’s no taco truck in sight…
For the tacos:
- Corn tortillas
- 2 Luvo Chicken Chile Verde entrées
For the slaw:
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded kale
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (leave seeds in if you want extra heat)
- handful of cilantro
1. Combine all slaw ingredients, season with salt and pepper2. Heat Luvo entrees according to package directions 3. In a small skillet, place a few drops of canola or olive oil and heat up the tortillas 4. Scoop some beans, polenta, and a few chicken pieces onto each tortilla. Top with slaw.
Serve with a side of avocado slices and enjoy! Share your substitutions with us in the comments and on Twitter at @luvoinc. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, Plated, to unlock a $2 coupon to use on your next Luvo purchase.