It’s March, which means spring is just around the corner. Soon we’ll be skipping stones on ponds and play baseball and taking our short sleeves out of storage. But you don’t have to wait for all the good stuff. There are lots of fresh fruits and vegetables you might be able to enjoy right here and now.
Here’s what may be in season near you
- Apples (Try them in an English apple pie)
- Beets (Shred them in your cheese grater)
- Cabbage (Try some creamy coleslaw)
- Cucumber (greenhouse)
- Lettuce (greenhouse) (Don’t waste your scraps!)
- Mushrooms (A meaningful food for Chinese Lunar New Year)
- Cooking onions
- Red onions (Try this red onion soup with cheese toasts)
- Parsnips (Check out this curried parsnip and apple soup)
- Peppers (greenhouse)
- Potatoes (Good fuel for workouts)
- Squash (Squash sauté salad, anyone?)
- Sweet potatoes (Lots of recipes here!)
- Tomatoes (greenhouse) (What do you do with all your tomatoes?)
And here are a few specific guides
- What’s in season in Mississippi?
- What’s in season in Alberta?
- What’s in season in Washington State?
- What’s in season in Ontario?
What’s your favorite fresh fruit or vegetable available in March? Let us know in the comments section or on Twitter at @luvoinc. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, Plated, to unlock a $2 coupon to use on your next Luvo purchase.