There’s almost nothing I enjoy more than packing up a cooler bag, jumping on my cruiser bike and heading to the beach or a park for a picnic with my friends. Blow your friend’s out of the water with these summer-y Luvo hacks created especially for your next al fresco dining experience.
Orange Mango Chicken Salad (stir fry)
- 2 Orange Mango Chicken entrées
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced ginger
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 small Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, cut in wedges (optional)
- Store bought garlic oil (optional)
- Cook Luvo meal according to package instructions
- Pour oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat, let it get hot (less than a minute) and toss in the ginger and chilli flakes, stirring to lightly fry.
- Add cooked Luvo meal and continue to fry for another 2-3 minutes on low heat so the chicken gets a bit caramelized.
- Lastly toss in the cabbage and fry for another minute (don’t overcook the cabbage). Serves 4.
Let it cool down to room temperature, store in giant Mason jar before popping it into your beach-ready cooler bag. If you’re feeling fancy serve with lime slice and a drizzle of garlic oil.
Chicken Chile Verde Quesadillas
- 2 Chicken Chile Verde entrées
- 1 small can enchilada verde sauce (or a salsa of your choice)
- 1 cup shredded manchego or white cheddar cheese
- Canola oil
- Cook Luvo entrée according to package instructions. Once cooked, take out the chicken and slice it thinly on a bias, set aside
- To make each quesadilla: grab a tortilla, spread about 1 tsp. of polenta (from the entrée), then layer with some beans, and a few slices of chicken. Finish with some shredded cheese and place another tortilla on top.
- In a pan, place a small amount of oil and heat up over medium heat. Place quesadilla in pan, lower heat and let it cook and melt on both sides (about 3-4 minutes each side). You want the tortilla to get a bit crispy. Serves 4.
Serve quesadillas with extra enchilada sauce on top (or a salsa of your choice). They taste great cold but can also be heated in the sun or near the bon fire some guy in a plaid shirt built.
Ricotta Kale Ravioli Salad
- 2 Ricotta Kale Ravioli entrées
- ¼ cup olive mix, pitted
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest
- Olive oil to drizzle
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Chilli flakes for heat (optional)
- Cook ricotta kale entrée according to package instructions, set aside
- In a large bowl, place the olives, sundried tomatoes, and spinach and lightly toss.
- Add cooked ricotta ravioli, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Toss again lightly.
- Top with feta cheese and if you want extra heat, some chilli flakes. Serves 4.
If you’re taking this to a picnic, place all ingredients at the bottom of a container and top with spinach, when you get to your picnic destination, simply toss and serve – this way the spinach won’t wilt too much.
Share your favourite hacks and subsitutions with us here in the comment section or on Twitter @Luvoinc