Short on time? Podcasts are one of the best ways to learn new information (or stay entertained) during your regular day-to-day activities. You can download them onto your phone and listen to them whenever you like, whether that’s during your commute, while cooking dinner, or at the gym.
When it comes to nutrition podcasts, there are lots to choose from. A quick search on my iphone podcast app yields dozens of options for “nutrition”, “health” and “diet”. The problem is, the quality varies widely and not all nutrition podcasts are sharing accurate information. A good rule of thumb: look for a podcast with a registered dietitian involved. To get you started, here are seven nutrition podcasts I recommend.
- The Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips – Dietitian Monica Reinagel hosts this highly-rated podcast that serves up short, 10 to 15 minute (or less) podcasts focusing on common nutrition questions. She covers a variety of healthy eating and cooking topics, with recent episodes like “What to do with Fresh Turmeric Root”, “3 Ways to Improve Your Nutrition This Year” and “Is Nonstick Cookware Safe?”
- Food Psych Podcast – anti-diet dietitian Christy Harrison is on a mission to help people make peace with food and challenge diet culture. Her hour-long podcasts are released weekly and include interviews with guests on a variety of topics including intuitive eating, exercise, weight and size acceptance, body image, self-compassion and self-care. A must-listen for anyone struggling with body image, weight stigma or disordered eating.
- Nutrition Matters Podcast – hosted by dietitian Paige Smathers, this podcast explores topics in nutrition, wellness and health from a body-positive, intuitive eating perspective. Recent episodes include “How to Heal Your Relationship with Exercise”, “Food Addiction – Fact or Fiction?” and “Fat: An Evolving Story”.
- The Love, Food Podcast – our relationship with food goes back years, all the way to childhood. In this podcast, dietitian Julie Duffy Dillon explores this relationship and works to help people see that food is not the enemy. Show topics include emotional eating, body image, dieting, healthy eating, mindful eating, food addiction, stress eating and non diet approaches to health.
- Liz’s Healthy Table – the tagline for this podcast, hosted by dietitian Liz Weiss, is “Real family food, every day.” Liz explores the science behind nutrition and shares recipes, cooking tips, and more. She invites a different guest expert on the show each week for episodes like “Cooking on a Budget”, “Reducing Food Waste” and “Cooking with Kids”.
- Body Kindness – dietitian and author Rebecca Scritchfield hosts this podcast about what it means to be healthy (hint: it’s not the number on the scale!) and how to cultivate self-compassion and self-care. Episodes include “How to Build Self-compassion Through Yoga”, “Strong is the New Pretty” and “Why Loving Food is Good for You”.
- The Nurtured Mama Podcast – a must-listen for any moms or moms-to-be, this podcast with dietitian Lindsay Stenovec discusses food, feelings, body trust and living well while being a mother. Show topics include managing stress in parenthood, how to confidently feed your family, transitions into motherhood, pregnancy nutrition, body changes and more.
What’s your favorite nutrition podcast? Add it to our list by sharing it in the comments section below!