Happy December! We’re in the home stretch now. Halloween? Check. Thanksgiving? Check. Now we’ve just got the chilling air, festive spirit and hot toddies of December to enjoy, headlined by the joyous holiday season and sparkling countdown to the rejuvenating start of another new year. What better way to enjoy December than with fresh fruits and vegetables?
Here’s what may be in season near you.
- Beets (Ever made borscht?)
- Cabbage (Great in kimchi)
- Cucumber (greenhouse)
- Garlic (Here’s everything you need to know about it)
- Leeks (They grow well in cool climates, obvy)
- Lettuce (greenhouse) (One of many vitamin-packed greens)
- Mushrooms (Here are some great types)
- Cooking onions
- Red onions (Try this red onion soup with cheese toasts)
- Pears (Try one of these great pear recipes)
- Peppers (greenhouse)
- Potatoes (A great source of carbs)
- Sprouts (Try them in tacos, yes, tacos!)
- Sweet potatoes (Have you heard that sweet potato toast is happening?)
- Tomatoes (greenhouse)
And here are a few specific guides:
- What’s in season in Pennsylvania?
- What’s in season in British Columbia?
- What’s in season in California?
- What’s in season in Ontario?
What’s your favorite piece of produce in season in December? Let us know over on Twitter at @luvoinc. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, Plated, to unlock a $2 coupon to use on your next Luvo purchase.