Luvo USA, LLC is a team of world-class, passionate individuals dedicated to transforming the packaged and frozen foods industry. Our mission is to bring great tasting, good-for-you food to as many people as possible, while adhering to principles that help make the world a better place.
The Area Sales Manager will be a key partner in Luvo’s positioning in the Mid-Western area of the United States. This individual will manage all retailers within Traditional, Natural & Specialty assigned territory. The Area Sales Manager will work directly for the Vice President, Sales and will work collaboratively with the Sales team and broker partners to develop the area’s business. They will help to grow the business through bringing our unique, high quality Luvo products to the Retail Grocery market. In addition, they will be skilled at driving growth at existing accounts by driving proper execution of the four P’s (Product, Price, Promotion, and Placement). They are a connector at heart and optimize their days through building quality relationships with their customers, brokers, and internal cross-functional teams.
The Area Sales Manager will:
- Work with the VP, Sales and team to help achieve the budgeted sales, profit and distribution objectives.
- Acquire and develop new Retail Grocery customers and authorizations based on direction from the VP, Sales.
- Develop customer accounts within the Mid-Western geographical market, capitalizing on existing contacts and relationships.
- Manage assigned financial budgets.
- Utilize the full extent of company resources to obtain distribution and continued customer satisfaction.
- Conduct key customer presentations.
- Manage broker and distributor representatives where applicable
- Work well with cross-functional teams to include: marketing, purchasing, logistics and finance.
- Manage and report competitive activity to include pricing, promotions and new products.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with supervision, colleagues, and internal team members.
- Utilize syndicated data as available to help manage the business.
- Have a 4-year College Degree, preferably in Business or Marketing Administration
- Share our passion for transforming the world through food with your “everything is possible attitude”
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of enthusiasm, strong work ethic for the business and its growth; are a self-starter who can thrive without extensive supervision
- Have experience in direct key account and broker management of at least 2 years; prior experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods in the Food Retail Industry.
- Experience working with accounts in the Conventional, Natural and Specialty Grocery channel is a must
- Possess exceptional presentation skills, have the ability to add value to the call, and ultimately, close the sale
- Operate with a high level of integrity and are committed to the highest level of excellence in your work
- Are a strong communicator – written and verbally – and build relationships quickly and easily.
- Possess solid analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Have a proven track record of success in meeting goals, exceeding sales plans and landing and developing new retail clients.
- Possess a strong attention to detail, operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment and leverage maturity and business acumen to make decisions
- Are happy to pack your bags to go somewhere 50%+ of the year