Luvo is a small brand with big ambitions. We are on a mission to change lives through nutrition by creating solutions that allow people to eat nutritiously without compromising on convenience or taste. We have big things ahead in 2018 and beyond and are looking for hungry ambitious talent to join our growing team.
The Graphic designer will be integral in building and realizing a powerful, high quality Luvo brand experience across all touchpoints. Reporting to the Creative Director, this person will be responsible for crafting and executing digital assets for the social, email, and digital product channels.
We want you if you are passionate about building brands that connect consumers to products they need and love. You have the technical skills and competencies to trouble shoot issues and create what you envision. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter who thrives in an environment where you can help shape the brand. You thrive in a place where you have to collaborate cross-functionally to drive success.
By Day, YOU will …
- Be responsible for building out an editorial blog post with intriguing visual assets
- Be responsible for creating clean, intentional display pixels to inspire engagement
- Help build a fast growing digital storefront, but understand its relationship to brick and mortar
- Build beautiful engaging emails that support commerce and brand goals
- Contribute or assist with occasional photo, video and animation shoots
- Contribute to copywriting
- Communicate and collaborate with project managers, community managers and creative directors to solve problems and craft brand stories
- Be key to brand consistency and quality
- Stay abreast of design, UX and food trends
- Participate in creative brainstorms to dream up compelling solutions to briefs
- Perform other duties as assigned to you from time-to-time by the Company
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” and “can do” attitude
- Are versed in Adobe CC Photoshop (or Sketch), with knowledge of vector objects or working in Illustrator
- Have a basic knowledge of building emails in Mailchimp
- Understand how to update a content management system (Shopify)
- Are wired to think of your designs as responsive
- Have a passion for stories and even writing
- Can provide occasional print design support
- Are comfortable working within project management software
- Have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a design agency or freelance
- Have a Diploma, Degree, or Advanced Degree in communication arts or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Have a strong understanding of technology best practices and protocols
- Thrive in a fast pace environment with many competing priorities and stakeholders
- Possess a strong attention to detail, able to multi-task, problem solve, and ability and willingness to be hands on
- Are able to work independently, collaborate, and work well within a team
- Fluent in English—both written and verbal—with the ability to communicate across teams and organizational roles
About Luvo Creative
Luvo Creative is a small but mighty team that operates within Luvo as a creative and content agency. We have the opportunity to work in a vast array of channels, from instagram posts to jumbotron displays to grocery activations. We develop campaign direction every year, then launch initiatives under that umbrella, building the brand as we go. We’re deeply passionate about crafting story, concept, and are not afraid to let data inform our decision-making. 2018 marks a major shift for us as we are completely refreshing the Luvo brand experience to better integrate digital channels and ecommerce. Food continues to be an exciting, fast growing and competitive space and we embrace that challenge.
About working at Luvo
Luvo is a casual and fun work environment – we thrive on team collaboration, dad jokes, and Trader Joe snacks. We take part in occasional team building activities like group food classes, local creative events, Friday beverages and more. Plus, there’s always a fully stocked freezer of Luvo at our disposal for lunch.