Luvo is a small brand with big ambitions. We are on a mission to change lives through nutrition by creating solutions that allow people to eat nutritiously without compromising on convenience or taste. We have big things ahead in 2018 and beyond and are looking for hungry ambitious talent to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Controller, the Logistics Manager will lead our Logistics and Inventory Management teams to ensure the timely, efficient and accurate distribution of our products across the United States and Canada while building scalable systems and processes that enable better cost performance through superb insights and oversight. Key drivers of success will be cost optimization, inventory management, fill rates and on time delivery. You are a strong team player and an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity and are a master at implementing processes and setting up strong systems that lead to smooth operations. We have aggressive growth plans, and as the Logistics Manager you have the energy, drive and experience to help take us from start-up to multi-millions.
By Day, the Logistics Manager will:
- Oversee the monthly Demand Planning process in collaboration with the Sales team & Finance team by providing historical insights derived from shipment history as well as incorporating intelligence gathered through analysis of point of sale data.
- Approve supplier purchase orders taking into account all pertinent logistics constraints and requirements, with the goal to maximize inventory turns.
- Manage all aspects of transportation, warehousing and supplier relations including identification of prospective new vendors and third-party suppliers.
- Oversee the logistics team to ensure day-to-day operations are maintained and KPIs are met.
- Provide superior transportation and warehousing services to internal business partners in order to maintain high service levels and improve the cost performance of the Luvo’s logistics operations.
- Facilitate the S&OP process for the organization, providing leadership for meeting scheduling, documentation and meeting facilitation.
- Communicate and liaison recurring quality issues between internal teams and co-manufacturers.
- Maintain and update operational objectives, budget costs, cycle count accuracy and analyzed data.
- Lead company initiatives: Maintain strategic business relationships with Product Development, Sales, Marketing, carriers and third-party facility operators and manufacturers.
- Identify and integrate continuous improvement initiatives based on industry knowledge, customer’s requirements, strategic business planning and quality management tools.
- Lead process improvement projects for inventory management and logistics systems including, but not limited to EDI Integration and cost savings initiatives.
- Manage physical inventory and audit procedures to ensure the inventory level is accurate.
- Monitor and manage age of stock disposition for finished goods and communication with internal Sales Team.
- Develop and manage processes and procedures for cross border shipment of finished goods.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Are the proud owner of a Diploma in Business Operations Management or the equivalent work experience.
- Have 5+ years of cross-functional supply chain experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, with direct experience in demand planning, scheduling, transportation and warehousing preferred.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of management experience, preferably in food production, with demonstrated ability leading organizational change efforts to improve organizational efficiency.
- Have advanced analytical skills, mastery of Excel and NetSuite experience preferred.
- Have prior experience working within an S&OP/IBP process environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and team skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Are experienced at challenging and aligning facts, opinions and assumptions to a consensus.
WHAT WE WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
This is a regular full-time position with a team that is committed to truly changing our world for the better. You’ll grow professionally, will have competitive compensation and opportunities to share in our success. We’re on a journey to change the way the world accesses a healthy and health-full lifestyle and are excited to build a team equally excited to be those change agents.